Ice Storm Power Outage, Shelter Update
Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Situation Update 9
12-11-07, 8:30 p.m.
The State Emergency Operations Center (EOC) remains activated due to the Ice Storm. Power outages continue for many areas of the state and shelters remain open.
Oklahoma Corporation Commission reports statewide 618,308 homes and businesses are without electric service.
AEP-PSO reports 238,356 customers without power, including 217,593 in the Tulsa metro area, 6,790 in Vinita, 4,610 in Chickasha and 4,210 in Bartlesville.
OG&E reports 273,974 customers without power, including 250,770 in the Oklahoma City metro area, 8,450 in Sapulpa and 3,766 in Bristow.
Oklahoma Association of Electric Cooperatives reports about 87,550 rural electric customers without power, including 25,000 Oklahoma Electric Cooperative customers, 16,300 Northeast Oklahoma Electric Cooperative customers and 12,500 Canadian Valley Electric Cooperative customers. OAEC also reports 1,035 electric poles destroyed.
Empire District Electric Company reports 3,428 customers without power in and around the Northeast communities of Commerce, Fairland, Picher, Quapaw and Welch.
Municipal Electric Systems of Oklahoma reports about 15,000 customers without power in Miami, Mannford, Stroud, Collinsville, Skiatook, Pryor and Cushing.
Shelters and Mass Feeding
Shelters are open at the following 29 locations.
- Bixby - New Beginnings Church, 4104 E. 151st
- Broken Arrow - Arrow Heights Church, 3201 S. Elm Place
- Carney - Community Center, 701 S. Highway 177
- Chandler - First Baptist Church, 912 W. First
- Claremore - First United Methodist Church, 1615 N. Highway 88
- Collinsville - First Baptist Church, 1301 W. Main
- Commerce - Southeast Baptist Church, 206 Amarillo Drive
- Coweta - First Assembly of God, 29707 E. State Highway 51
- Del City - Community Center, 4505 SE 15th
- Ketchum - Methodist Church, 206 Amarillo Drive
- Mannford - Community Activity Center, 100 Common Ave.
- Miami - Assembly of God, 1815 E. Steve Owens Blvd.
- Midwest City - Reed Center, 5800 Will Rogers
- Moore - Brand Senior Center, 501 E. Main
- Oklahoma City - Trinity Baptist Church, 1329 N.W. 23rd
- Okmulgee - Okmulgee High School, 415 W. 3rd Street
- Owasso - First Christian Church, 96th Street North and 177 E. Ave.
- Pitcher - 100 Deville Creek
- Pryor - Community Center, 6 N. Adair
- Rolling Hills - Community Center, 20 E. 200 E Ave.
- Sand Springs - Olive Baptist Church, 155 N. 65th W. Ave.
- Sapulpa - First Church of Christ, 1011 E. Austain
- Shawnee - Expo Center, 1700 W. Independence
- Sperry - First Baptist Church, 115 N. Cincinnati
- Tulsa - First Baptist Church, 403 S. Cincinnati
- Tulsa - Lutheran Church of Good Sheppard, 8730 E. Skelly Drive
- Tulsa - Asbury United Methodist Church, 6767 S. Mingo
- Vinita - Emmanuel Temple, 437551 East Highway 60
- Welch - Welch Community Center, 600 S. Curtis