Skip to main content

Situation Update

Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management

Situation Update 1

April 29, 2016 – 7:15 p.m.


Due to severe weather across Oklahoma, the State Emergency Operations Center activated today. The Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management (OEM) remains in contact with emergency managers across the state and coordinating with agencies and organizations including the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, Oklahoma State Department of Health, Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality, Oklahoma Department of Human Services, Oklahoma Office of Homeland Security, Oklahoma Department of Transportation, Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry, Oklahoma National Guard, Oklahoma Corporation Commission, Oklahoma Insurance Department, National Weather Service, Oklahoma American Red Cross, the Salvation Army, Oklahoma Baptist Disaster Relief and the Oklahoma Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster.


Caddo County Emergency Management reports minor damage in Cyril, including roof damage and broken windows.

Comanche County Emergency Management reports a mobile home overturned and wind and hail damage near Lake Lawtonka.

Grady County Emergency Management reports one mobile home destroyed and additional mobile homes with minor damage in Ninnekah. At least six barns were damaged or destroyed. No injuries are reported.


American Red Cross reports they are assisting families impacted by the storms in Comanche County.


The Oklahoma Department of Transportation reports the following highways closed due to high water.

  • Atoka County - SH-131 about 4 miles west of US-69 is closed 
  • Love County - SH-77 Scenic at the Lake Murray spillway is closed
  • McClain County - SH-74B in Cole is closed; SH-74 one and a half miles south of Goldsby
  • Pittsburg County - SH-31 between McAlester and Haywood is closed 

For the latest road closure information, call the Oklahoma Road Conditions Hotline at 1-844-465-4997 (844-4OK-HWYS) or visit

DIAL 211

For Oklahoma residents seeking non-emergency disaster or health and human service information, please contact your local 2-1-1. Services are available 24 hours a day by dialing 2-1-1 from your home or cellular telephone. Please only call 911 for emergencies.


Back to Top