Skip to main content


Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management


Declaration Delivers Individual Assistance to 7 Oklahoma Counties

To apply for disaster assistance, call toll free number or go online

State and federal disaster assistance is now available for those living in Carter, Cleveland, McIntosh, Okfuskee, Oklahoma, Pottawatomie, and Seminole counties who sustained damage due to severe storms and tornadoes May 10-13. The Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) toll-free application telephone number is now operational for those who suffered property damage or other losses. Call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily to apply for assistance. Individuals may also register online.

The Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management (OEM) urges individuals and business owners who are in need of assistance due to storm damage to call the toll-free number or go online and report their damages as soon as possible.

The declaration delivers a wide range of programs including funding for temporary disaster housing assistance, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) low-interest disaster loans for renters, homeowners and business owners to repair or replace damaged property, replacement grants for serious disaster-related needs and expenses not covered by insurance or other assistance programs.

When calling to apply, operators will need the following information from the applicant:

  • Current phone number;
  • Address at the time of the disaster and the address where the applicant is now staying;
  • Social Security number, if available;
  • A general list of damages and losses applicant suffered;
  • If insured, the name of the company or agent and the policy number;
  • General financial information; and,
  • Bank account coding information for direct deposit of assistance.

Individuals should not prejudge their eligibility, even if they don’t have all the information necessary or if it was lost in the tornadoes.

Individuals who already registered with the American Red Cross, Salvation Army or another disaster relief agency or who have reported damage to county or local officials, still need to call FEMA’s toll-free number or register and apply for the federal and state assistance programs.


Back to Top