Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management
Federal Emergency Management Agency
Small Business Administration
March 2, 2009
DISASTER AID TO OKLAHOMA NEARS $882,000
Oklahoma residents affected by recent severe storms and tornadoes have been approved for nearly $882,000 dollars in federal grants for temporary housing and home repairs, state and federal officials announced today.
Recovery summary as of close of business March 1, 2009:
- 337 residents have registered for Individual Assistance in Oklahoma.
- $704,693 in Individual Assistance has been approved for temporary housing and home repairs.
- $177,230 has been approved for other disaster needs such as transportation, funeral, medical and dental expenses, moving and storage fees, and repair or replacement of personal property.
- 179 home inspections have been completed.
- 419 individuals have visited the Disaster Recovery Centers in Carter and Oklahoma counties.