OG&E Ice Storm Walk-up Centers to Close
December 20, 2007
The OG&E customer walk-up centers established for face-to-face communication in hard-hit ice storm areas will close at noon Friday, Dec. 21.
There are nine walk-up center locations:
- Oklahoma City: 9225 N. May Ave (Homeland Grocery)
- Oklahoma City: 4301 S. May Ave (Homeland Grocery)
- Bethany: 7101 NW. 23 (Homeland Grocery)
- Norman: 1724 W. Lindsey (Homeland Grocery)
- Midwest City: Reno & Midwest Blvd (Target)
- Sapulpa: Main & Taft (Westlake Hardware)
- Drumright: Broadway & Curtis (Williams Food)
- Bristow: 601 N. Main St. (Spirit Bank)
- Shawnee: 600 W. Independence (Homeland Grocery)
Earlier today, OG&E reported that electric system repairs following the ice storm of Dec. 9-10 will be complete Dec. 20. Customers who are still without service most likely have property damage requiring repair by an electrician before they can be reconnected to the OG&E system. Any OG&E customer without service is asked to call (800) 522-6870.
OG&E said falling tree limbs continue to cause problems and high winds over the next several days could result in more outages and downed power lines. As always, customers are encouraged to call OG&E if their service is interrupted. Stay away from downed power lines and report them immediately to OG&E as well.
OG&E is actively working to reconnect customers who have had repairs made. Many of the hundreds of linemen who came from 16 states to assist with the system restoration will stay to help with individual customer reconnections. Customers with damage to their electrical connection in the Oklahoma City metro area are encouraged to call the Meter Base Repair Hotline, (800) 627-3464.
OG&E will not stop until every last customer's lights are on. This storm affected 300,000 customers, the largest outage in OG&Es 105-year history. We congratulate everyone who worked so hard to restore the OG&E electric system, and we thank our customers for their patience and understanding.