Skip to main content

Harvest Permits

What is a Harvest Permit? A Harvest Permit is a temporary all-in-one permit that provides commercial vehicle registration, fuel permit, and intrastate operating authority for persons transporting farm products in a raw state for commercial purposes in Oklahoma.

Who must obtain a Harvest Permit? A person must obtain a Harvest Permit if transporting farm products in a raw state in Oklahoma for commercial purposes, if that person does not have valid commercial vehicle registration, an intrastate motor carrier license, and/or a fuel permit.

What is the term of the Harvest Permit? You may request a Harvest Permit for either 30 days or 60 days. You may request that a permit be extended in 15-day increments.

In what area may the holder of a Harvest Permit operate? Harvest Permits are issued for statewide operations.

How do you obtain a Harvest Permit? To obtain a Harvest Permit, you must complete the Trucking One Stop Shop Harvest Permit Application (TOSS1). The completed TOSS1 Application must be submitted to the Oklahoma Corporation Commission.

What is the cost? The cost for a harvest permit is $20 per axle for a 30-day permit or $35 per axle for a 60-day permit. A 15-day extension is available at $8.75 per axle.

What are the insurance requirements? For each vehicle to be operated under a Harvest Permit, you must submit a copy of a valid liability certificate of insurance filing. A minimum amount of $350,000 Combined Single Limit (CSL) is required for each vehicle. The name of the policyholder listed on the certificate of insurance (security verification form) must match the name of the owner of the vehicle or the registrant of the vehicle shown on the Trucking One Stop Shop Harvest Permit Application (TOSS1).

What other requirements are there?

  • You must have an active USDOT Number.
  • You are not required to submit copies of lease agreements with the application, but if a lease agreement is required, a copy must be carried in the vehicle and be available for inspection by law enforcement.
  • Each commercial motor vehicle must be properly marked in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations part 390.21.
Last Modified on Nov 01, 2020
Back to Top