OK NTHS Day at the Capitol
The Oklahoma Capitol was filled with NTHS students from around the state on Wednesday, February 15, 2023, for a Day at the Capitol. Students in attendance toured the Capitol, met with legislatures, observered legislators at work on the House and Senate floors, and attended a presentation from State Represetative Mark Lawson.
NTHS students pose for a photo with State Representative Mark Lawson at the Day at the Capitol on Wednesday, February 15, 2023.
Wednesday, February 15, 2023
I am excited to share information on the Annual NTHS Day at the Capitol with you. Registration is now Open. Click Here!
- Deadline to register is January 26, 2023.
- Limit 10 students per chapter
- Limit 250 students total for the event
- Cost $20 per Chapter plus $15 fee for each member attending that would like a NTHS polo or $10 fee each member attending that would not like a polo
- Tentative agenda is attached on the registration form (you will be emailed a final OK - NTHS DAC Agenda 2023 after registration closes)
- Please make PO’s / checks payable to: OK NTHS
Please make PO’s / checks payable to: OK NTHS
Canadian Valley Technology Center
1401 Michigan Ave
Chickasha, OK 73018
Top 10 Helpful Hints for OK NTHS Day at the Capitol!!
- Turn registration in by January 26th
- Register 10 students per chapter
- Make your appointments with Senator and Representatives ahead of time. The sooner the better. (Attached is a sample letter you can send to your legislators) The Senators and Representatives’ assistants will set the appointments. Ask them to also schedule a picture. They will provide a free printed picture for each student in the picture.
- Contact information for Senators:
- Contact information for Representatives:
- Senators and Representatives will usually not accept gifts. The best gift you can take is your students’ success stories. Be sure to use this opportunity to have your students share the importance of CareerTech and NTHS in Oklahoma.
- Wear your purple polos if your chapter decides to purchase them!
- On February 15th be sure to come to the registration room during registration time. You will need to get your nametags and sign up for the State NTHS picture.
- On February 15th be sure to come to the House Chamber during the assigned time for the OK NTHS Day at the Capitol presentation.
- Stay for all of the presentation in the House Chamber because the group picture will be taken at the end.
I am excited about sharing this wonderful day with our students!!
Please remember to register by January 26th!
Student Organization Coordinator
Moore Norman Technology Center