OK NTHS Day at the Capitol
Monday, February 28, 2022
I am excited to share information on the Annual NTHS Day at the Capitol with you.
Registration is now Open. Click Here!
• Deadline to register is Feb 15th, 2022.
• Limit 10 students per chapter
• Limit 250 students total for the event
• Cost $20 per Chapter $10 for each individual attending
• Tentative agenda attached (you will be emailed a final OK - NTHS DAC Agenda 2022 after registration closes)
• Please make PO’s / checks payable to: OK NTHS
Canadian Valley Technology Center
1401 Michigan Ave
Chickasha, OK 73018
Once again this year, NTHS is partnering with the Toby Keith Foundation’s OK Kids Korral for OK NTHS Day at the Capitol. The Toby Keith Foundation supports and operates OK Kids Korral, a home for children battling cancer. The OK Kid’s Korral is always in need of particular items. The wanted list is attached in the email. We would love for OK NTHS chapters to collect items between now and OK NTHS Day at the Capitol. We are encouraging chapters to take time during the day on February 28th to drop off the items at the OK Kid’s Korral, 818 NE 8th Street Oklahoma City. If you have any questions, feel free to call me at 405-377-3333 or the OK Kids Korral at 405-271-6552.
Top 10 Helpful Hints for OK NTHS Day at the Capitol!!
1. Turn registration in by February 15th
2. Register 10 students per chapter
3. Make your appointments with Senator and Representatives ahead of time. The sooner the better. (Attached is a sample letter you can send to your legislators) The Senators and Representatives’ assistants will set the appointments. Ask them to also schedule a picture. They will provide a free printed picture for each student in the picture.
4. Contact information for Senators:
5. Contact information for Representatives:
6. Senators and Representatives will usually not accept gifts. The best gift you can take is your students’ success stories. Be sure to use this opportunity to have your students share the importance of CareerTech and NTHS in Oklahoma.
7. On February 28th be sure to come to the registration room during registration time. You will need to get your nametags and sign up for the State NTHS picture.
8. On February 28th be sure to come to the House Chamber during the assigned time for the OK NTHS Day at the Capitol presentation.
9. Stay for all of the presentation in the House Chamber because the group picture will be taken at the end.
I am excited about sharing this wonderful day with our students!! Please remember to register by February 15th!
Each year, the National Technical Honor Society hosts a Day at the Capitol. Students from across Oklahoma have the opportunity to meet their legislators and observe them in action, tour and hear from a guest speaker. Past speakers have included Superintendent Janet Barresi (2011), Rep. Dennis Casey (2012), Governor Mary Fallin (2014), Sen. Earl Garrison (2013), Superintendent Joy Hofmeister (2015) and Rep. Skye McNiel (2009, 2010 and 2012) and Sen. Ervin Yen (2017).