Economic & Workforce Data
Economic, workforce, demographic, and training data and analysis
The Resource Center for CareerTech Advancement can provide reports using economic, workforce, demographic, and training data from EMSI, which compiles information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the Bureau of Economic Analysis, the National Center for Education Statistics, O*Net™, the Social Security Administration, and other sources.
Reports can be run for the entire state or by region. A region can be a county, a technology center district, a group of counties, zip code, or group of zip codes. We can also create regions by radius or by driving time from a central point.
The most commonly requested reports include:
- Economy Overview – An overview of a regional economy with data related to jobs, demographics and social metrics.
- Population Demographics Report – An overview of demographics and population in a region with data related to age cohort, gender and race/ethnicity.
- Community Indicators Map – A map containing social, demographic, housing and economic data straight from the Census’ 5-year ACS data.
- Population Demographics Table – A table of demographic and population data including age cohort, gender and race/ethnicity
- Industry Snapshot – An overview of one industry with data related to jobs, growth, earnings, demographics and more.
- Industry Table – A table displaying one or more industries with data related to jobs, growth, earnings, completions, demographics and more.
- Occupation Snapshot – An overview of one occupation with data related to jobs, earnings, programs, demographics and more.
- Occupation Table – A table displaying one or more occupations with data related to jobs, growth, earnings, completions, demographics and more.
- Highest Ranked Occupations – An overview of top occupations in a region according to employment, earnings, job growth or decline and more.
- Education Pipeline – An overview of the programs that train for an occupation, as well as the schools that provide training.
- Program Snapshot – An overview of the demand for a program with data related to competitive landscape, job postings, skills, target occupations and more.
- Program Table – A table of the academic programs in a region with data related to completions, openings, earnings, jobs and more.
- Job Posting Analytics – An overview of job posting activity over time with data related to intensity, regions, occupations, job titles and skills/certifications required.
To request a report, or for more information, contact: