The Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education (ODCTE) will be seeking proposals for Adult Education & Family Literacy, Correctional/Institutional Education, and English Literacy/Civics Education programs. This competition is funded by the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014, Title II, Adult Education and Family Literacy Act.
The purpose of this grant competition is to provide basic education and literacy education programs for adults who lack basic skills, a high school diploma, or proficiency in English or a core subject area.
There will be three Requests for Proposal (RFP) applications available for Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA) funding:
- Adult Education & Family Literacy
- Correctional/Institutional Education
- Integrated English Literacy & Civics Education
Applicants will be required to complete a separate RFP application for each grant subcategory for the services their program would like to provide.
- RFPs are posted: Friday, December 3, 2021
- Bidders Conference: Wednesday, December 8, 2021
- Grant Competition Window: January 1, 2022 – February 15, 2022
- Notification of Award Status: Friday, April 15, 2022
- Grant Providers Training: Wednesday, June 1, 2022
- Grant Cycle Begins: Friday, July 1, 2022
Adult education providers interested in submitting proposal(s) for the 2022-2026 Adult Education & Family Literacy Request for Proposals (RFP) are welcome to attend the Bidders Conference offered by the ODCTE's Federal Programs division. Conference attendance is NOT required to be considered for grant funding. The purpose of this conference is to outline the grant requirements, explain the application components, and provide guidance related to the grant competitions.
Below are Bidders Conference Details:
- Location - Virtual via Zoom
- Date - Wednesday, December 8, 2021
- Time - 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM CST