Guidelines For Determining A Qualified Medical Escort:
- If the member is a child or an adult who’s health or disability does not permit traveling alone, then lodging and/or meals services for one medical escort may be requested.
- The escort must be an adult at least age 18 and must be capable of assisting the member.
- Only one escort may be authorized.
- While the member is admitted inpatient at a treatment facility, Lodging and/or Meal assistance would only be allowable to a qualifying escort, not to the member..
- For children in OKDHS custody, the court-appointed guardian is not eligible for lodging and/or meals services.