AFFORDABLE HEALTH INSURANCE FOR EMPLOYEES IN OKLAHOMA
Health insurance can be expensive, even if you and your employer split the cost. Insure Oklahoma keeps businesses and working adults strong by helping them pay for health coverage. The Employer-Sponsored Insurance program can save you 60 percent or more on health insurance premiums.
Through this state-operated program, premiums are split between the employee (up to 15 percent), the employer (25 percent) and Insure Oklahoma (60 percent or more). Insure Oklahoma’s share is paid with state tobacco tax and federal matching dollars.
You may be able to get assistance in paying premiums for qualified family members, too.
HOW TO QUALIFY
To qualify for Insure Oklahoma’s Employer-Sponsored Insurance program, you must work for a business that has already been approved by Insure Oklahoma, and:
- Be between the ages of 19 to 64
- Be an Oklahoma resident and meet citizenship guidelines
- Have an annual gross household income within the Employer-Sponsored Insurance income guidelines
- Not be enrolled in Medicare or Medicaid
- Contribute up to 15 percent of monthly premium cost for yourself, and up to 15 percent of premium cost for qualified dependents (but the total premium won’t be more than 3 percent of your annual gross household income).
HOW IT WORKS
Insure Oklahoma sends its share of the premium to your employer every month. Your employer deducts your 15% share from your paycheck, and combines those shares with the employer’s to pay the insurance company. You can use your health plan’s benefits and network of doctors to stay healthy.