OHCA Policies and Rules
317:30-5-1094. Behavioral health services provided at I/T/Us
(a) Inpatient behavioral health. Services are covered when provided in accordance with a documented individualized service plan developed to treat the identified behavioral health needs.
(1) Inpatient psychiatric service providers must meet the requirements and applicable limitations, restrictions, or prior authorization requirements set forth in Oklahoma Administrative Code (OAC) 317:30-5-95 through 317:30-5-97.
(2) The provision of inpatient psychiatric services by Indian Health Services (IHS) facilities are reimbursed at the OMB inpatient encounter rate. Inpatient psychiatric services provided by non-IHS facilities are reimbursed at the established per diem or DRG rate.
(b) Outpatient behavioral health. Services are covered when provided in accordance with a documented individualized service plan developed to treat the identified mental health needs and/or SUD. Outpatient behavioral health services are reimbursed at the I/T/U outpatient encounter rate unless otherwise noted in the section.
(1) A full description of services may be found at OAC 317:30-5-241 and 317:30-5-241.5(d), 317:30-5-241.7. Services may include, but are not limited to:
(A) Mental health and/or substance use assessment/evaluation and testing;
(B) Service plan development;
(C) Crisis intervention services;
(D) Medication training and support;
(F) Individual/interactive psychotherapy;
(G) Group psychotherapy;
(H) Family psychotherapy;
(I) Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) services and/or medication; and
(J) Peer recovery support specialist (PRSS) services.
(2) In order to support access to behavioral health services, these services may be provided in settings outside of the I/T/U. Offsite services must take place in a confidential setting.
(3) For the provision of behavioral health related case management services, I/T/U facilities must be fully contracted with the Oklahoma Health Care Authority (OHCA) as an outpatient behavioral health agency. The provision of these services is considered to be outside of the I/T/U encounter and will be paid at the current FFS rate. Contracted behavioral health case management providers must comply with the requirements found at OAC 317:30-5-241.6 and are responsible for obtaining all necessary prior authorizations, if needed.
(4) For the provision of psychosocial rehabilitation services, I/T/U facilities must be fully contracted with the OHCA as an outpatient behavioral health agency. The provision of these services is considered to be outside of the I/T/U encounter and will be paid at the current FFS rate. Contracted psychosocial rehabilitation service providers must comply with the requirements found at OAC 317:30-5-241.3 and are responsible for obtaining all necessary prior authorizations, if needed.
(5) Services provided by behavioral health practitioners, such as, licensed clinical social workers (LCSW), licensed marital and family therapists (LMFT), licensed professional counselors (LPC), licensed behavioral health practitioners (LBHP), licensed alcohol and drug counselors (LADC), and licensure candidates are not eligible for direct reimbursement as practitioners. Services provided by the aforementioned practitioners are compensable only when billed by their OHCA-contracted employer and when provided in those clinical settings in which they are currently approved to render services. Licensure candidates must meet the requirements contained in OAC 317:30-5-240.3.
(6) Behavioral health services must be billed on an appropriate claim form using the appropriate procedure code and guidelines. The time indicated on the claim form must be the time actually spent with the member.
(c) Residential substance use disorder (SUD). For the provision of residential SUD treatment services, I/T/U facilities must be contracted as SoonerCare providers and meet the requirements found at OAC 317:30-5-95.43 through 317:30-5-95.49. Residential SUD treatment services will be reimbursed at the OMB outpatient encounter rate.
Disclaimer. The OHCA rules found on this Web site are unofficial. The official rules are published by the Oklahoma Secretary of State Office of Administrative Rules as Title 317 of the Oklahoma Administrative Code. To order an official copy of these rules, contact the Office of Administrative Rules at (405) 521-4911.