Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
What are Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services programs?
The Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services helps people who have mental illnesses and substance abuse problems.
Mental illnesses include:
- Clinical depression
- Bipolar disorder
- Anxiety disorders
- Eating disorders
Substance abuse problems include:
- Drug and alcohol addictions
- Compulsive gambling
Who may qualify?
- Oklahomans of all ages who have mental or addictive disorders.
- People who meet income guidelines (200% of the Federal Poverty Level) and are uninsured or underinsured.
- Individuals who are not eligible for SoonerCare (Medicaid), have no insurance or have used up all their insurance benefits.
Everyone is eligible for emergency mental health and substance abuse services no matter their income or insurance status.
What services are provided?
- Inpatient and Community-Based Services
- Specialty Mental Health Programs
- Specialty Substance Abuse Programs
There is no cost for those who meet the income guidelines; however, fees may apply depending on income, family size, and insurance status.