New Student Services Academy (NSSA)
The New Student Services Academy will be held in July 2022, from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Oklahoma Department of CareerTech in Stillwater, Tuttle Seminar Center.
We highly encourage all new student services and academic center staff to attend, including resource coordinators and specialists, those serving in guidance, counseling, career development, special populations, assessment, recruitment, and job placement personnel. New financial aid staff can attend, but may want to review the covered topics first as we will not take a deep dive into financial aid regulations or guidelines.
This year’s academy will focus on the following:
- Role of Student Services.
- History of CareerTech in Oklahoma.
- Professional Development Programs.
- OK Career Guide & Pre-K through Adult Career Planning.
- Special Populations.
- Financial Aid Overview.
- Carl Perkins Overview & Additional Grant Opportunities.
- CareerTech Academics Overview.
If you have questions about the New Student Services Academy or other programs we offer, please do not hesitate to contact Cynthia Vick or call 405-743-5162.