Patient-Centered Medical Home Behavioral Health Screening
EPSDT (Early Periodic Screening, Diagnosis, and Treatment) and the Affordable Health Care Act require a behavioral health screening as a best practice of medical care. Part of the responsibilities of SoonerCare Choice medical homes is to conduct behavioral health screenings for members age 5 and older for all tiers.
What is a PCMH?
- Billing for PCMH Behavioral Health Screening (January 2022)
- Billing for PCMH SBIRT Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment
- Pediatric Screener | Spanish Pediatric Screener
- Adult Screener | Spanish Adult Screener
- List of available screening tools – OHCA has identified validated public domain screening tools that are available to assist physicians and behavioral health professional with screening and assessing mental health issues. While we have provided this list, it is up to the provider to ensure they are utilizing the most current version. We also make no representation that this list is comprehensive.
- Community Resources to Support the Medical Home Concept
- SoonerCare Choice Provider Page
- Provider Letters: 2013-41 | 2016-31
SoonerCare members may self-refer for Behavioral Health Services. Providers do not need to request referral via the provider portal. Members have the freedom of choice of provider.
For assistance locating a Behavioral Health Provider please contact 1-800-652-2010
- Mary Ann Dimery 405-522-7543