Patient-Centered Medical Home Behavioral Health Screening
EPSDT (Early Periodic Screening, Diagnosis, and Treatment) and the Affordable Health Care Act require a behavioral health screening as a best practice of medical care. Part of the responsibilities of SoonerCare Choice medical homes is to conduct behavioral health screenings for members age 5 and older for all tiers.
OHCA has put together a Behavioral Health Screening Toolkit of available resources to help providers accomplish this task. Please click the hyperlink below to download your copy.
Two of the items included in the Toolkit are our very own pediatric and adult screeners for mental health and substance abuse. Each screener includes a documentation checklist on the back that is quick and easy to use.
Both screening forms are also available for download independent of the Toolkit.
What is a PCMH?
- Pediatric Screener | Spanish Pediatric Screener
- Adult Screener | Spanish Adult Screener
- Care Coordination
- List of available screening tools – OHCA has identified validated public domain screening tools that are available to assist physicians and behavioral health professional with screening and assessing mental health issues. While we have provided this list, it is up to the provider to ensure they are utilizing the most current version. We also make no representation that this list is comprehensive.
- Community Resources to Support the Medical Home Concept
- SoonerCare Choice Provider Page
- Behavioral Health Toolkit
- Behavioral Health Referral Guide
- Web-based Behavioral Health Provider Directory