OHCA Policies and Rules
317:30-5-1093. I/T/U visiting nurses services
(a) Visiting nurse services may be covered if:
(1) The services are rendered to a homebound individual who is permanently or temporarily confined to his or her place of residence because of a medical or health condition. The individual may be considered homebound if he or she leaves the place of residence infrequently. For this purpose, place of residence does not include a hospital or long term care facility; and
(2) The services are furnished by a registered nurse, licensed practical nurse, or licensed vocational nurse who is employed by, and receives compensation for the services from the I/T/U; and
(3) The services are furnished under a written plan of treatment that is:
(A) established and reviewed at least every 60 days by a supervising physician of the I/T/U or established by a nurse practitioner, physician assistant, nurse midwife, or specialized nurse practitioner and reviewed at least every 60 days by a supervising physician; and
(B) signed by the nurse practitioner, physician assistant, nurse midwife, specialized nurse practitioner, or the supervising physician of the clinic.
(b) The nursing care covered in this Section includes:
(1) Services that must be performed by a registered nurse, licensed practical nurse, or licensed vocational nurse if the safety of the patient can be assured in the home and the medically desired results achieved; and
(2) Personal care services, to the extent covered under Medicare as home health services. These services include helping the patient to bathe, to get in and out of bed, to exercise and to take medications.
(c) This benefit does not cover household and housekeeping services or other services that would constitute custodial care.
Disclaimer. The OHCA rules found on this Web site are unofficial. The official rules are published by the Oklahoma Secretary of State Office of Administrative Rules as Title 317 of the Oklahoma Administrative Code. To order an official copy of these rules, contact the Office of Administrative Rules at (405) 521-4911.