OHCA Policies and Rules
317:30-5-1091. Definition of I/T/U services
(a) As described in 42 CFR 136.11(a), the I/T/U services may include hospital and medical care, dental care, public health nursing, preventive care (including immunizations).
(b) Further, 42 CFR 136.11(c) allows that the scope and availability of I/T/U services will depend upon the resources of the facility.
(c) I/T/U services may be covered when furnished to a patient at the clinic or other location, including a mobile clinic, or the patient's place of residence. Provider contracts must meet the provider participation requirements found at OAC 317:30-5-1096.
(d) I/T/U outpatient encounters include but are not limited to:
(1) Physicians' services and supplies incidental to a physician's services;
(2) Within limitations as to the specific services furnished, a doctor of dentistry or oral surgery, a doctor of optometry, or a doctor of podiatry [Refer to Section 1861(r) of the Act for specific limitations];
(3) Services of advanced practice nurses (APNs), physician assistants (PAs), certified nurse midwives (CNMs), or specialized advanced practice nurse practitioners;
(4) Services and supplies incidental to the services of APNs and PAs (including services furnished by certified nurse midwives);
(5) Public health nursing services, within the scope of their licensure, include but are not limited to services in the following areas:
(B) Wound care;
(C) Public health education;
(D) Administration of immunizations;
(E) Administration of medication;
(F) Child health screenings meeting EPSDT criteria;
(G) Smoking and Tobacco Use Cessation Counseling;
(H) Prenatal, newborn and postpartum assessments, including case management services for first time mothers; and
(I) General health assessments and management of conditions such as tuberculosis, diabetes and hypertension.
(6) Visiting nurse services to the homebound;
(7) Behavioral health professional services and services and supplies incidental to the services of LBHPs; and
(8) Dental services.
Disclaimer. The OHCA rules found on this Web site are unofficial. The official rules are published by the Oklahoma Secretary of State Office of Administrative Rules as Title 317 of the Oklahoma Administrative Code. To order an official copy of these rules, contact the Office of Administrative Rules at (405) 521-4911.