Skip to main content

Call the helpline at 800-987-7767, option 5, and talk to choice counselors to change your SoonerSelect health plan!

OHCA Policies and Rules

317:30-5-315.  ABA extension requests

[Issued 09-12-22]

Extension requests for ABA services must be submitted to the OHCA or its designated agent. Extension requests must contain the appropriate documentation validating the need for continued treatment and establish the following:

(1) Eligibility criteria in OAC 317:30-5-313;

(2) The frequency of the target behavior has diminished since last review, or if not, there has been modification of the treatment or additional assessments have been conducted;

(3) A functional analysis shall be completed by the provider when no measurable progress has occurred, or it may be requested by the OHCA. The functional analysis should record the member's serious maladaptive target behavioral symptom(s) and precipitants, and document the modifications of the current treatment plan to address progress, as well as make a determination of the function a particular maladaptive behavior serves for the member in the environmental context;

(4) Appropriate consultations from other staff or experts have occurred (to optimize psychiatric medications and medical treatments to include but not limited to psychiatric consults, pediatric evaluation for other conditions, etc.) and interventions have been changed, including the number of hours per week of service or setting (higher level of care);

(5) The OHCA may suggest appropriate consultation from other staff or experts during the process of prior authorization;

(6) Parent(s)/legal guardian(s) have received re-training on these changed approaches; and

(7) The treatment plan documents a gradual tapering of higher intensities of intervention and transitioning to supports from other sources (i.e., schools) as progress allows.

Disclaimer. The OHCA rules found on this Web site are unofficial. The official rules are published by the Oklahoma Secretary of State Office of Administrative Rules as Title 317 of the Oklahoma Administrative Code. To order an official copy of these rules, contact the Office of Administrative Rules at (405) 521-4911.