The Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE)
The goal of PACE is to help adults with long-term care needs live as freely as possible. This means helping participants to live outside of a nursing home or other care facility. PACE allows them to receive low-cost but quality health care services in the community.
PACE is a Medicaid and Medicare program. People who do not qualify for these programs can pay their portion of PACE services out-of-pocket.
- Adult day care
- Primary care (day-to-day health care)
- Physical, occupational, speech and recreational therapies
- Meals and nutritional counseling
- Social services (including counseling, caregiver training, support groups and end-of-life care)
- Home care
- Prescription drugs (medicine)
- Nursing home care, when needed
- Hospital care
- Medical specialty services
- Laboratory/X-ray services
- Transportation (if medically necessary)
- Hospice (end-of-life care)
- Must be 55 years or older
- Live in a PACE service area (Click on the PACE center nearest you listed above for details)
- Need a nursing home-level of care (as certified by the state)
- Be able to live safely in the community at the time of PACE enrollment
The financial eligibility criteria and determination process is consistent with the state’s Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) program, wherein income is equal to or less than 300% of SSI Medicaid coverage.
How to Apply
For information, please contact:
Health care providers can learn more about PACE here.
What You'll Need to Apply
- You and your spouse's taxable income.
- Social Security numbers and birthdates of people in your home.
- Current or recent health insurance information.
- Identity and citizenship information, or alien registration information.
- Income information including employer name, address and phone number, of all household members who are employed.
- Amount of money received from other types of income.
- Expected date of delivery and number of babies of any pregnant household member.
- Current health insurance information for all household members with health insurance including company name, policy or group number, type of coverage, effective date, policy holder’s name and ID.