Health Management Program
What is the HMP?
The Health Management Program was started to help SoonerCare Choice members who have, or are at risk, for developing a chronic disease improve their health.
Telligen was chosen by the Oklahoma Health Care Authority to provide services to HMP members.
HMP Services Available
- Health Coaching - Health coaches are registered nurses located in selected PCP offices that will provide education, support and self-management tools aimed at improving the member’s health.
- Behavioral Health Screening - It is very common for members with chronic health conditions to feel stressed or concerned about their health. Sometimes emotional health can make the medical condition worse. All HMP members will be asked to complete a behavioral health screening to identify areas they may need help with managing.
- Pharmacy Review - Each HMP member will fill out a medication list with the help of their Health Coach. The nurse can ask for this list to be reviewed by a pharmacist if any problems are identified. This will lessen the chance of a medication error.
- Community Resources - All Health Coaches will be in contact with a resource specialist to help members locate appropriate resources.
- Primary Care Provider Involvement - As health coaches are located in selected PCP offices they will work with providers to help improve health outcomes.
How do I enroll in the HMP?
If you have been selected to participate in the HMP, you will get a letter in the mail and a phone call telling you that you are in the program. The program is free. You will never be asked to pay for any of the services the Health Coach provides.
What if I have a chronic condition but am not in the HMP?
If your doctor has told you that you have a chronic condition such as diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure or heart disease and you would like help managing your health please call 1-877-252-6002 and ask to speak with our chronic care unit who may be able to assist you.