DECA's Comprehensive Learning Program:
- Integrates into Classroom Instruction: An integral component of classroom instruction, DECA activities provide authentic, experiential learning methods to prepare members for college and careers.
- Applies Learning: DECA members put their knowledge into action through rigorous project-based activities that require creative solutions with practical outcomes.
- Connects to Business: Partnerships with businesses at local and broader levels provide DECA members realistic insight into industry and promote meaningful, relevant learning.
- Promotes Competition: As in the global economy, a spark of competition drives DECA members to excel and improve their performance.
DECA prepares the next generation to be:
- Academically Prepared: DECA members are ambitious, high-achieving leaders equipped to conquer the challenges of their aspirations.
- Community Oriented: Recognizing the benefit of service and responsibility to the community, DECA members continually impact and improve their local and broader communities.
- Professionally Responsible: DECA members are poised professionals with ethics, integrity and high standards.
- Experienced Leaders: DECA members are empowered through experience to provide effective leadership through goal setting, consensus building and project implementation.
Oklahoma DECA organized in 1944 and the national organization followed in 1947. Oklahoma DECA was chartered officially in 1948.