Austin Clarke – Tulsa Technology Center and BPA
Networking has been this student’s key to a successful future.
Then: A teenager who loved computers. Austin Clarke enrolled in Tulsa Technology Center’s Cisco Network Academy to learn more about computer networking and information technology. While he attended classes at Tulsa Tech, the Owasso High School senior was also attending Tulsa Community College. The old adage, “If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it,” must apply to Clarke. He is chapter president of Business Professionals of America, the CareerTech student organization for students pursuing careers in business management, information technology, finance, accounting, office administration and other business-related career fields.
At Tulsa Tech, Clarke learned
- Leadership skills, by serving as a BPA officer.
- Problem-solving, primarily in enterprise-level network equipment.
- How to communicate with classmates to complete a task or project.
He also received numerous certifications from the academy:
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician.
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Networking Fundamentals.
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Security Fundamentals.
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Windows Operating System Fundamentals.
He expects to receive his Cisco Certified Network Associate certification soon, at about the same time he will graduate from high school.
Now: Clarke uses the skills he learned at Tulsa Tech to run Austin Clarke Business Solutions, focusing on custom data applications, network management and design, web design, inventory management and commercial photography.