Agriculture Response Units
In coordination with the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, eight (8) mobile cleaning and disinfecting units are strategically located across the state to facilitate the response to agricultural disaster or disease event. Agriculture Response Unit Teams will operate the mobile cleaning and disinfecting units during an animal disease outbreak or other agricultural emergency to disinfect transport vehicles and other equipment. In addition, one decontamination unit can be used to clean and disinfect equipment used during other Regional Response System emergencies. Each unit cost $80,000 to build and equip.
- Disinfecting contaminated equipment from an animal or plant disease outbreak
- Decontamination of equipment in a hazardous materials incident
- Rehabilitation shelter for first responders
- A Minimum of six (6) team members
- Team members IFSAC-Certified to NFPA 472 Hazardous Materials Operations level.
- Team members trained in Agriculture Response and Biological Agents