State NIMS Coordinator
NIMS Instructor Program
Instructor Requirements & L-449 ICS TtT Prerequisites
- IS-100 FEMA Introduction to the Incident Command System (most recent version)
- IS-200 FEMA Incident Command System for Single Resources & Initial Action Incidents (most recent version)
- ICS-300 Intermediate Incident Command System for Expanding Incidents (May 2019 or later)
- ICS-400 Advanced Incident Command System for Command and General Staff (May 2019 or later)
- IS-700 Introduction to the National Incident Management System (NIMS) (most recent version)
- IS-800 National Response Framework (NRF), An Introduction (most recent version)
- G0191, Emergency Operations Center/ICS Interface
- Formal instructor training such as M-410, National Wildland Coordinating Group Facilitative Instructor, EMIMaster Trainer Program, Fire Instructor 1&2, ASTD, CTTI, POST, FLETC, college, private industry, E-0141,Instructional Presentation and Evaluation Skills, Office for Domestic Preparedness Instructor Course, validteaching certificate.
(MUST be a class from this list)
Instructor Application and Renewal Process
If you wish to become a NIMS Instructor in Oklahoma, you must complete the NIMS Instructor Application located in the NIMS Instructor Manual and submit it to the Oklahoma Office of Homeland Security. Please include all required documentation outlined in the application. Upon approval of your application, you should receive a NIMS Instructor Card with an ID number to be used in future course authorizations. Instructor certification is good for five years from the time of application or renewal. Please contact April Keeler by email or (405) 227-4701 with questions.
Following approval, NIMS Instructors must attend the first available NIMS Instructor Workshop. Workshops are half-day events that are scheduled throughout the year at various locations across the state. Attendance of at least one NIMS Instructor Workshop and the submission of an NIMS Instructor Application is required for renewal. You may register for NIMS Instructor Workshops on the OKOHS Training Calendar.
Instructor applications (both initial and renewal) may be emailed to April Keeler for review.
Course Request Information
NIMS Instructor Courses are designed for personnel with extensive Incident Management training and experience. Instructors may schedule and teach in-house NIMS courses at any time; however, they must submit the Course Request Form to OKOHS by email to April Keeler at least 6 weeks in advance of the start date to allow adequate time for materials to be produced and shipped to your location.
NIMS Instructor Classes are held once a year, or as funding will allow. For questions, call April Keeler at (405) 227-4701 or to register visit the OKOHS Training Calendar.