Skip to main content

OSDH Services Reference Guide

SB1040 was signed by the Governor on June 6, 2006 and becomes effective November 1, 2006.  Among its requirements are certain state agencies, including the Oklahoma State Department of Health, “maintain an Internet web sites on which application forms for the services they provide may be accessed and downloaded by individuals wishing to make application for the services provided.” Pursuant to this legislation following are links to Oklahoma State Department of Health forms and applications, agency contact information and links to other state resources and agencies.

Licensing, monitoring and inspecting hotels and motels, bedding, hearing aid dealers and fitters, body piercing, tattooing, medical micropigmentation, sanitarians, licensed genetic counselors, eating and drinking establishments, retail and wholesale food outlets, food manufacturers, public bathing places, city and county jails and all sources of ionizing radiation. 

Community Water Fluoridation Program – monitor, track, advocate and promote water fluoridation for the state of Oklahoma; work with the Department of Environmental Quality/water division.

Dental Loan Repayment Program – dental education loan repayment assistance to eligible dentists who are either a University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry faculty member or who practice in a designated underserved area and agree that a minimum of 30% of his/her patients treated are Medicaid recipients.

Dental Health Education and Fluoride Varnish Program – provide information to county staff on the importance of oral health across the lifespan; train registered nurses to apply fluoride varnish to the teeth of children.

Child & Adolescent Health Division provides preventive and primary care services for infants, children, adolescents, and their families.

MCH Assessment provides population-based data and surveillance systems to impact planning and development of state and local MCH policy and program services.

Women’s Health Division provides preventive and primary care services for females and males of reproductive age through outreach, preventive health education and promotion activities, and clinical services through the Maternity and Family Planning programs.

Family Support & Prevention Service
Children First provides public health nurse home visits to first-time parents to monitor the health of the mother and baby, to teach parenting skills and connect the family to community resources.

OCAP community-based organizations provide home visitation services and parenting groups to teach parenting skills and connect families to community resources. Screening, Special Services and SoonerStart - Programs that provide statewide surveillance, screening and specialized services, including: genetics, lead poisoning prevention, newborn screening (metabolic and hearing,) Oklahoma Birth Defects Registry and SoonerStart Early Intervention for infants and toddlers with disabilities.

Health Resources Development Service - Issuance, renewal, and continuing education of a home care administrator certificate.

Certificate of Need - Nursing facilities, specialized facilities for developmentally disabled clients, and hospital-based skilled nursing units must be approved or exempted under Oklahoma’s Certificate of Need laws.

Managed Care, including HMOs - Health Maintenance Organization (HMO), Workplace Medical Plan Certification, Independent Review Organizations (External Review), Managed Care Referral.

Nurse Aide Registry - Applications and information for those who provide nursing or nursing-related services to individuals receiving services in long term care facilities, home health agencies, intermediate care facilities for persons with cognitive or intellectual disabilities , residential care facilities, and adult day care centers. (For nurse licensing see Oklahoma Board of Nursing)

Home Care Administrator Registry - Issuance, renewal, and continuing education of a home care administrator certificate.

Other Long-Term Care Licensure - Adult Day Care Center, Continuum Of Care And Assisted Living Act, Long Term Care Certificate of Need, Nursing & Specialized Facility Licensure, Psychiatric/Chemical Dependency Treatment Certificate of Need, Residential Care Home Licensure, Uniform Credentialing Act.

Medical Facilities - Inspection, licensure, and Medicare certification of all non-long term care medical facilities in Oklahoma.

Quality Improvement and Evaluation Service (QIES) - Offers provider education in MDS clinical assessment and automation for long term care facilities as well as provider education in OASIS clinical assessment and automation for home health agencies. Additionally, QIES staffs both the MDS and OASIS Helpdesk offering provider support in both clinical and automation issues.

WIC Service (Women, Infants and Children Supplemental Nutrition Program) provides nutritional screening, food assistance, nutrition education, and health and social service referrals for pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding women, infants, and children under five years of age.

How To Contact The Oklahoma State Department Of Health

State Health Department office hours are from 8 a.m. to 5p.m., CST, Monday through Friday. Closed on all legal holidays. The mailing and street address is:

Oklahoma State Department of Health
123 Robert S. Kerr Ave., Suite 1702
Oklahoma City, OK 73102-6406

The general information numbers during these office hours are (405) 426-8000, or (800) 522-0203 (available 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m CST).

Other department numbers reachable during these office hours may be found by clicking on the link for the specific program area.

To Report A Disease or Outbreak

Call the Communicable Disease Division Epidemiologist-on-Call at (405) 271-4060. This is a 24 hours / 7 days a week number where an Epidemiologist-on-Call is available for communicable disease consultations for healthcare providers and the general public.

For Public Health Emergencies, Including Suspected Terrorism Events

Call the Emergency Preparedness and Response Service (EPRS) at (405) 271-0900.
This is a 24 hours / 7 days a week number where a EPRS representative is on call and will respond immediately.

Local county health department address and phone list:
State Of Oklahoma County Health Departments.

State health department help lines and 1-800 information lines, either operated after regular office hours, or having the capability for a caller to leave a message.

OSDH By E-mail

For general questions, comments, or to report problems with the OSDH website, e-mail

Other e-mail addresses may be found throughout the web site in program specific areas. E-mail sent to addresses found on this web site may not be seen for several days. Please be aware that it may take some time for us to receive an e-mail query and respond. Should you need immediate assistance please call one of the numbers above.

OSDH Comment/Complaint Forms

You may also send general comments or complaints by using our comment/complaint form.

For Long Term Care Complaints, e-mail

For HMO's use the HMO Complaint Form

For investigations or review of generic service complaints, misuse of state property or funds by an employee, complaints for which no grievance can be filed, allegations of fraud, waste, abuse, mismanagement, misconduct and failure to follow established procedures use the Office of Accountability Systems Complaint Form.

Links To Other Agencies:

Back to Top