OSDH Web Accessibility
HB 2197, now known as the Oklahoma Electronic Information Technology Accessibility (EITA) Act, was signed into law on April 20, 2004 by Gov. Brad Henry. The law resulted in the creation of standards designed to make information technology, including Web site content and tools, accessible for persons with disabilities.
The Oklahoma State Department of Health is fully supportive of and continually striving towards compliance with the Oklahoma's EITA standards and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. While Web (HTML) pages on the Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) Web site are compliant with these standards, documents on the OSDH Web site may occasionally be presented in formats other than HTML. It is possible that some of these file formats may not be not fully accessible to an individual user's specific needs.
Should you need a document in an alternative format to meet your accessibility needs or have difficulty viewing any content on the OSDH Web site with assistive technology, please send your request to email@example.com..
Links to Related Items
- HB 2197, signed by Governor Brad Henry (pdf 852kb)
- Information Technology Accessibility Standards (MS Word doc)
- Information Technology Accessibility Standards (HTML)
Effective as of September 8, 2005
- Information Technology Accessibility - Emergency Rule - Department of Central Services:
- DCS Rule - http://www.ok.gov/DCS/documents/DCS-RULES-CP.pdf (pdf)
- DCS Rule - http://www.ok.gov/accessibility/DCS_Title_580_rule.html (HTML)
- OSF Rule - http://www.ok.gov/accessibility/OSF_Title_260_Rule.html (HTML)
- Oklahoma's IT Accessibility law and standards model federal Section 508. For technical assistance, please see A guide to the Section 508 Federal Standards.
- Oklahoma IT Accessibility Legislation and Resources, provided by Oklahoma Able Tech
- Oklahoma's Web standards are modified from federal Web standards. Please refer to the Technical Assistance Document for Oklahoma's Web-based Intranet and Internet Information and Applications: