- New Title IX regulations went into effect on August 14, 2020. These resources are provided to help schools meet the requirements of the updated regulations.
- These guidelines explain the civil rights responsibilities of recipients of federal funds offering or administering career and technical education programs.
- The Civil rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination and denial of services on the basis of race, color, and national origin in any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance.
- The Education amendments of 1972 prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex/gender in education programs receiving or benefiting from federal financial assistance. The Department of Health, Education, and Welfare issued regulations implementing Title IX in 1975.
- The Age Discrimination Act of 1975 prohibits discrimination based on age in programs and activities that receive federal financial assistance.
- The Rehabilitation Act of 1973 prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability in any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance.
- Prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability by public entities. It extends the prohibition of discrimination in federally assisted programs established by section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 to all activities of state and local governments, including those that do not receive federal financial assistance.