Lottery Funds Scholarships
These scholarship dollars are provided by the Oklahoma Education Lottery Trust Fund. The primary purpose of the scholarship is to help CareerTech educators obtain their teaching credentials. Awards will be based on available funds. Scholarships may be extended to individuals working toward administrator credentials if funding is available. Funding is available for up to nine credit hours per applicant.
Applications for Fall 2022 scholarships are now open and will close September 20. Please read the eligibility criteria before applying.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Oklahoma resident
- Minimum current GPA 2.5
- Attending university or college located in Oklahoma and accredited by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
In addition, applicants must fit into one of the following categories:
Category: Teaching Certification/Credential
- Full-time CareerTech teacher of an approved CareerTech program working toward earning teacher certification or a degree in one of the following categories:
- Alternatively certified teacher taking the required 6-18 college credit hours
- Provisionally certified teacher working toward a degree to meet their provisional certification requirements
- Certified instructor working toward a degree required by third party accrediting body (for example, Health instructor completing degree to satisfy COARC certification requirements)
- Certified instructor working toward a degree required by your school or technology center (for example, a technology center that requires a Master's Degree for all instructors)
- Oklahoma Department of Career Tech Skills Center teacher working toward a teaching credential in a CareerTech-related field.
- Full-time CareerTech system educator (i.e. teacher, instructional leader, or supervisor of CareerTech programs) seeking Technology Center Administrator Credential via Secondary Principal or Superintendent Certification. Counselors are not eligible for this scholarship.
To complete this application, you will need the following information:
- Your teacher number (ONLY if you have a teaching certificate)
- Student ID number (for each college or university attended)
- Class number(s)
- Class title(s)
- Number of hours per class
These scholarships are available for those enrolled in the Fall 2022 semester. Scholarship recipients will be notified in late November or early December. Funds will be disbursed directly to your school's bursar account.