- Harassment of Students by School Employees, Other Students, or Third Parties. The Guidance provides information regarding the standards that are used by the Office of Civil Rights (OCR), and that should be used to investigate and resolve allegations of sexual harassment of students engaged in by school employees, other students (peers).
- Oklahoma ABLE Tech supports state efforts to improve the provision of assistive technology (AT) to individuals with disabilities of all ages through comprehensive, statewide programs that are consumer responsive. The purpose of ABLE Tech is to make assistive technology devices and services more available and accessible to individuals with disabilities and their families. Oklahoma State University Wellness Center, 1514 W. Hall of Fame Rd, Stillwater, OK 74078-2026.
Equal Employment Opportunities Commission
- The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is responsible for enforcing federal laws that make it illegal to discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of the person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
- Mission - to further full participation for individuals with disabilities in Oklahoma postsecondary education.
- A Quality of Life Grant from the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation. The grant will be used to establish an ongoing fund to provide low-cost assistive technology to Oklahoma farmers, ranchers, and their family members who are impacted by disability issues and who lack the services and resources needed to obtain adaptive or assistive devices.
Oklahoma Dept of Rehabilitation Services (DRS)
- Also known as "Voc Rehab" (VR), "Rehab Services," provides assistance/services to people with disabilities toward the goal of employment. Services may include tuition assistance, purchase of equipment (e.g. wheelchairs, computer, medications), tutors, job search and placement, an others).
Oklahoma Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (OLB)
- Provides audiobooks, four-track tape players, alternate text format. 300 N.E. 18th, OKC, OK 73105, 405 521-3514.
- Information referral; technical assistance, advocacy; disability concerns. 2712 Villa Prom, OKC, OK 73107-2423, 405-521-3756.
- A federal agency committed to accessible design.
- Enforce the law and defends the interests of the United States according to the law; ensures public safety against threats foreign and domestic; provides federal leadership in preventing and controlling crime; seeks just punishment for those guilty of unlawful behavior; and ensures fair and impartial administration of justice for all Americans.
U.S. Department of Education - Office of Civil Rights
- OCR’s mission is to ensure equal access to education and to promote educational excellence through vigorous enforcement of civil rights in our nation’s schools.