Skip to main content

Licensing and Tax Data

OMMA Dashboard, Licensing Reports, Tax Revenue Reports, and County Totals


OMMA Dashboard

The OMMA Dashboard is maintained and updated by NCS Analytics. They have created an analytical tool that actively monitors and analyzes data from multiple systems including Metrc, the state’s seed-to-sale tracking system. View this new data-driven tool here.

In the coming months, OMMA and NCS will continue to add more data points and comparisons that provide up-to-date information about Oklahoma’s medical marijuana industry. OMMA will use this information, along with data alert flags, to help direct our compliance and enforcement activities.


Licensing Reporting

Current Licensing Report

Archived Licensing Data (scroll to the right to view the full table)

Reporting Date Patients
Caregiver
Growers Dispensaries Processors
Transportation Labs Waste Disposal Waste Permits Researchers Education Total
Nov. 9, 2022 378,104 1,669 7,167 2,525 1,571 135 26 9 0 1 3 391,210
Oct. 5, 2022 379,986 1,725 7,400 2,477 1,555 134 26 9 0 1 3 393,316
Sept. 9, 2022 382,143 1,772 7,285 2,374 1,464 125 26 9 0 1 3 395,202
Aug. 9, 2022 383,363 1,784 7,346 2,335 1,438 120 26 9 1 1 3 396,426
July 6, 2022 383,037 1,787 7,348 2,286 1,433 120 27 9 1 1 3 396,052
June 13, 2022 385,985 1,821 7,444 2,266 1,449 121 28 9 1 2 1 399,127
May 15, 2022 386,913 1,805 7,724 2,286 1,489 118 30 9 1 1 1 400,377
Apr. 10, 2022 382,599 1,777 8,062 2,295 1,529 115 31 9 1 0 1 396,419
Mar. 3, 2022 381,974 1,841 8,184 2,285 1,539 110 29 9 1 0 2 395,974
Feb. 3, 2022 382,069 1,897 8,137 2,232 1,508 103 29 9 1 0 2 395,987
Jan. 6, 2022 386,561 1,971 8,306 2,238 1,512 100
28 9 1 1
2
400,732

Reporting Date Patients
Caregiver
Growers Dispensaries Processors
Transportation Labs Waste Disposal Waste Permits Researchers Education Total
Dec. 3, 2021
384,500 1,983 9,402 2,519 1,713 109 28 9 1 2 2 400,268
Nov. 5, 2021
384,645
1,987
9,178
2,431
1,617
100 28 9 1 2 2 400,000
Oct. 6, 2021 381,429 2,015 8,970 2,439 1,588 99 27 9 1 2 1 396,580
Sept. 3, 2021
378,312 2,040 8,630 2,378 1,544 90 27 9 1 2 1 393,034
Aug. 2, 2021 375,924 2,121 8,625 2,325 1,523 84 27 10 1 2 1 390,643
July 1, 2021 373,943 2,192 8,247 2,274 1,461 84
25 10 1 2 1 388,240
June 1, 2021
369,247 2,255 7,850 2,264 1,402 81 25 10 1 2 1 383,138
May 8, 2021 368,218 2,340 7,635 2,252 1,410 83 24 10 1 2 1 381,976
April 8, 2021 366,815 2,383 7,396 2,214 1,387 79 25 10 1 2 1 380,313
March 5, 2021 368,330 2,440 7,004 2,144 1,325 76 25 9 1 2 1 381,357
Feb. 7, 2021 370,591 2,530 6,769 2,090 1,290 74 23 9 1 2 0
383,379
Jan. 5, 2021 367,053 2,550 6,564 2,057 1,262 69 23 9 1 2
0 379,590

Reporting Date Patients
Caregiver
Growers Dispensaries Processors
Transportation Labs Waste Disposal Waste Permits Researchers Education Total
Dec. 7, 2020 365,464 2,590 6,277 1,996 1,221 66 23 9 1 2 0 377,649
Nov. 3, 2020
360,741 2,592 5,905 1,924 1,156 53 23 9 1 2 0 372,406
Oct. 5, 2020 353,796 2,516 5,828 2,003 1,216 47 23 9 0 0 0 365,473
Sept. 1, 2020
342,263 2,516 5,971 2,087 1,328 39 24 9 0 0 0 354,239
Aug. 3, 2020 329,764 2,436 5,845 2,073 1,323 29 23 10 0 0 0 341,503
July 1, 2020 313,638 2,322 5,970 2,113 1,407 24 21 10
0 0 0 325,505
June 1, 2020
297,010 2,259 5,802 2,035 1,380 21 20 7 0 0 0 308,535
May 1, 2020 282,511 2,193 6,346 2,428 1,611 18 18 7 0 0 0 295,132
March 31, 2020 271, 979 2,122 6,157 2,379 1,566 17 17 4 0 0 0 284,241
Feb. 28, 2020
258,308 2,019 5,948 2,343 1,522 15 16 4 0 0 0 270,175
Jan. 31, 2020
247,190 1,896 5,704 2,302 1,488 12 10 2 0 0 0 8258,604
Jan. 8 2020 235,786 1,787 5,443 2,242 1,452 5 3 0 0 0 0 246,718

Frequently Asked Questions: Licensing Data

The reporting date is the date the OMMA shared this data. The reporting data typically shows licensing totals as of the last day of the previous month. Example: A reporting date of May 1, 2022, would include data totals from April 2022.

It is largely attributable to statutory and regulatory changes that took effect in November 2021, which removed a grace period for expired business licenses without a renewal in process. OMMA implemented those changes before that report. The reduction in commercial licenses can also be connected to an increase in the number of license surrenders OMMA received since the previous report.

HB 3208 -- passed by the Oklahoma Legislature and signed by the Governor in 2022 -- creates a moratorium on processing applications for new dispensary, grower and processor licenses for up to two years beginning Aug. 26, 2022.

OMMA is required by state law to inspect businesses once a year, and has been hiring more staff to meet that obligation. OMMA inspected about 25% of licensed businesses in 2020-21. OMMA’s goal is to inspect every licensed business at least once in 2022.

Send an email to OMMACommunications@omma.ok.gov


Tax Revenue Reports

Current Tax Revenue Report

Archived Tax Revenue Data

Month SQ788 Tax
State & Local Sales Tax*
January 2022 $4,922,003 $6,691,761
February 2022 $4,827,391 $5,827,792
March 2022 $5,190,413 $6,783,189
April 2022 $4,684,638 $6,120,751
May 2022 $4,888,233 $6,172,156
June 2022 $4,735,858 $5,955,713
July 2022 $4,207,483 $5,586,137
August 2022 $4,560,463 $5,586,316
September 2022 $4,176,361 $5,487,738
2022 Totals to Date
$37,292,379 $48,625,236

*The OMMA does not receive funding from state and local sales tax revenue.

Month SQ788 Tax
State & Local Sales Tax*
January 2021 $5,223,023 $6,772,795
February 2021 $5,468,851 $6,499,651
March 2021 $5,946,977 $7,034,566
April 2021 $6,235,995 $7,754,419
May 2021 $5,986,633 $7,555,466
June 2021 $6,005,615 $7,549,302
July 2021
$5,609,756 $7,038,445
August 2021 $5,526,494 $6,954,374
September 2021 $5,404,813 $6,852,691
October 2021 $5,012,354 $6,281,555
November 2021 $4,827,345 $6,252,699
December 2021 $4,925,903 $6,719,780
2021 Totals to Date
$66,173,758 $83,265,745

*The OMMA does not receive funding from state and local sales tax revenue.

Month SQ788 Tax
State & Local Sales Tax*
January 2020 $3,271,492 $4,348,719
February 2020 $3,319,612 $4,260,068
March 2020 $3,422,784 $4,392,109
April 2020 $4,301,520 $5,478,393
May 2020 $5,168,990 $6,505,460
June 2020 $5,529,722 $7,024,424
July 2020 $5,237,401 $7,027,121
August 2020 $5,489,699 $6,793,064
September 2020 $5,336,049 $6,679,890
October 2020 $5,255,089 $6,493,791
November 2020 $4,816,567 $5,932,205
December 2020 $5,096,962 $6,658,527
2020 Totals $56,245,887 $64,566,650

*The OMMA does not receive funding from state and local sales tax revenue.

Month SQ788 Tax
State & Local Sales Tax*
January 2019 $305,265 $417,098
February 2019 $497,328 $638,317
March 2019 $870,294 $1,121,044
April 2019 $1,271,773 $1,619,446
May 2019 $1,632,705 $2,088,118
June 2019 $2,183,957 $2,737,220
July 2019 $2,501,026 $3,157,052
August 2019 $2,799,145 $3,559,832
September 2019 $2,968,300 $3,809,866
October 2019 $3,038,426 $3,798,457
November 2019 $2,774,035 $3,779,943
December 2019 $3,314,014 $3,868,508
2019 Totals $24,156,268 $30,594,901

*The OMMA does not receive funding from state and local sales tax revenue.

Month SQ788 Tax
State & Local Sales Tax*
October 2018 $0
$2,582
November 2018 $1,343 $39,150
December 2018 $69,426 $129,384
2018 Totals $70,769 $171,116

*The OMMA does not receive funding from state and local sales tax revenue.

Frequently Asked Questions: Tax Data

This varies by municipality and county. Local voters set their own county and municipal sales tax rates. There is also a statewide sales tax for the State of Oklahoma government. OMMA does not receive state or local sales tax revenue.

OMMA does not receive funding from state and local sales tax revenue. Patients pay state and local sales tax when buying medical marijuana products at the dispensary. The rate varies by city/county and is the same at dispensaries as other non-medical marijuana retailers in the same area. The money goes straight to the state government and city/county – OMMA never touches it. State and local sales tax revenue funds things like education, general state government and municipal/county services (streets, public safety, etc.).

The SQ 788 excise tax is for retail medical marijuana sales. It is 7% and is collected at the point of sale.

As of Fiscal Year 2023 (July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2023), the excise tax revenue is handled as originally proposed in SQ 788. The revenue goes first to OMMA's authorized budget. Then, 75% of excess revenue from excise tax collections goes into the State's general revenue, and can only be spent for common education, while the other 25% of excess revenue is apportioned to the Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) and earmarked for drug and alcohol rehabilitation and prevention.

OMMA's budget includes revenue from the SQ 788 excise tax and licensing fees. 

About 49.5% of OMMA's budget is for personnel. About 39% is for contracts like licensing software, and services from other state agencies. Information technology is 8% of the budget and includes costs like servers, software licensing, the licensing portal, patient license cards and NCS Analytics. The rest is on equipment, supplies, training, travel and other expenses.

OMMA Fiscal Year 2022-23 Budget

OMMA Budget Graphic

 

The revenue goes first to OMMA's authorized budget. Then, 75% of excess revenue from excise tax collections goes into the State's general revenue, and can only be spent for common education, while the other 25% of excess revenue is apportioned to the State Department of Health and earmarked for drug and alcohol rehabilitation and prevention.

Send an email to OMMACommunications@omma.ok.gov


Last Modified on Nov 22, 2022
Back to Top