Skip to main content

OMMA is aware of issues that may affect pending commercial and patient applications submitted prior to June 1, 2023. We are working with our licensing vendor, Thentia, to address this issue. We will be flexible with our applicants while we work towards a resolution. We will update this banner once we have reached a resolution.

About OMMA

The Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority (OMMA) is the regulatory agency for Oklahoma’s medical marijuana program.

Oklahoma voters authorized the state’s medical marijuana program in 2018 with State Question 788. SQ 788 created OMMA and the state laws that started the industry. OMMA’s rules are based on those state laws, and subsequent amendments and new state laws passed by the Oklahoma Legislature. OMMA was part of the Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) until Oct. 31, 2022, and became an independent state agency on Nov. 1, 2022, when SB 1543 took effect.

OMMA is responsible for processing commercial and patient license applications, providing customer service to licensees and applicants, facilitating the rulemaking process based on state statutes, enforcing our rules, investigating possible violations of medical marijuana laws and more.

Structure and Staff

OMMA’s Executive Director is the chief executive and administrative officer managing OMMA’s operations and staff. The Governor appoints, and the Oklahoma State Senate confirms, OMMA's Executive Director.

OMMA’s Executive Director is Adria Berry. Executive Director Berry is a licensed attorney in Oklahoma and Texas with extensive experience in government affairs and public policy. In addition to working as an educator, volunteering, and writing for state and local publications, Berry has spent much of her career representing and lobbying on behalf of businesses and trade associations. She was a member of Gov. Kevin Stitt’s senior staff, serving Oklahomans as a policy advisor and Counselor to the Secretary of State. Gov. Stitt named her OMMA Executive Director in August 2021 and strives to implement sound policy for all Oklahomans.

Download our organizational chart for a visual representation of OMMA's setup.

The Executive Leadership Team includes a Director of Administration, Chief of Staff, Chief Regulatory Officer, Chief Financial Officer, General Counsel, Chief Operations Officer and Chief Science Officer.

Funding and Budget

SQ 788 authorized a 7% excise tax on retail sales of medical marijuana and medical marijuana products – sales from dispensaries to patients. It also authorized OMMA to collect fees for license applications.

As of Fiscal Year 2023 (July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2023), the excise tax revenue is handled as originally proposed in SQ 788. The revenue goes first to OMMA's authorized budget. Then, 75% of excess revenue from excise tax collections goes into the State's general revenue, and can only be spent for common education, while the other 25% of excess revenue is apportioned to OSDH and earmarked for drug and alcohol rehabilitation and prevention.

Retail sales are subject to state and local sales tax, too. The sales tax revenue goes to local governments, and other parts of the state government. OMMA does not receive sales tax money.

OMMA’s budget includes expenses on personnel, contracts, equipment, supplies and more. Contract expenses include licensing software and services from other state agencies.

Mission, Vision and Values

Mission: Promote public health and safety through regulation and enforcement of responsible medical cannabis practices by patients and commercial licensees.

Vision: A safe medical marijuana program that is appropriately regulated to support responsible industry growth and innovation.

Values: Consumer protection, integrity, collaboration, innovation, quality service.

Personally Identifiable Information

Personally Identifiable Information relating to state government websites of public bodies

Contact Us

Visit to contact OMMA.

Last Modified on Mar 28, 2023
Back to Top