Family planning services are offered for both men and women, and seek to prevent unintended pregnancy, including adolescent pregnancy, and improve birth outcomes. Family planning services reduce both the incidence and impact of sexually transmitted infection through screening and treatment.
- Emergency Contraception (including Plan B)
- Laboratory tests and screenings, if indicated
- Pregnancy test
- Pap smear
- Breast exam & counseling on self-breast exam
- STD testing
- Anemia testing
- Blood pressure
- Based on need, a Well Women or Well Man physical exam.
- Counseling regarding various methods of birth control
- Natural family planning
- Latex condoms
- Depo-Provera injections
- Birth control pills
- Birth control patch
- Intrauterine devices (IUDs)
- Nexplanon (under skin, arm implant)
- NuvaRing (removable vaginal ring)
- Counseling for infertility problems, nutrition, and hygiene.
- Information is also available on vasectomy and tubal ligation.
Anyone in need of family planning services is eligible.
Confidentiality is very important. The Noble County Health Department will not release health information without our client's knowledge unless we are required by law.
If a minor (a client under 18 years of age) is involved in a Family Planning or a Sexually Transmitted Disease clinic we will not contact the parent regarding the clinic involvement, but we do strongly encourage the client to do so.
No one is refused services based on inability to pay.
For those without insurance, a sliding scale, based on number in household and income, is used to determine fees.
For those with insurance, we provide third party billing. Based on your insurance plan, you may be responsible for deductibles, co-pays, and co-insurances for fees not covered by your insurance company.
Pregnancy tests, STD screenings, birth control refills, and emergency contraception services are provided by walk-in. View walk-in hours on the home page by clicking here.
All other family planning services are provided by appointment. Please call your area clinic to schedule an appointment.
Services provided by various members of the Health Department team (Physician, Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Registered Nurses, and Nutritionists)