Children First Program
Those enrolled in the Children First Program receive the following services at no cost for eligible clients:
- Brief nursing health assessments
- Child growth and development evaluations
- Nutrition education
- Parenting and relationship information
- Links to other services such as child care, education and job training
- Visits begin before the 29th week of pregnancy and continue until the child's second birthday. The visit schedule can be tailored to meet the needs of the mother.
These services are not intended to replace services provided by health care providers or family doctors. Nurses work collaboratively with other providers to help meet the needs of mother and child.
For a woman to enroll in Children First, she must meet the following criteria:
- Be less than 29 weeks pregnant;
- Be expecting her first child; and
- Meet the same income eligibility criteria as WIC and Medicaid.
How to Enroll
Contact Latimer County Health Department, 201 West Main, Wilburton, OK 74578 or call (918) 465-5673.
Latimer County Health Department
201 West Main
Wilburton, OK 74578