Sexually Transmitted Diseases
STDs can lead to psychological and physical discomfort and severe complications such as infertility, premature births, blindness, and even death.
Many sexually transmitted diseases do not have any symptoms. As a result, many infections are transmitted unknowingly to others and are unreported.
Some of the common symptoms of STDs in males and females include:
- Sores, bumps, or blisters near genitals or mouth
- Burning or pain when urinating
- Slight sore throat
- Fever, chills, achy feeling
- Rectal itching, pain or discharge
- Discharge from the penis, vagina or rectum
If you have symptoms of an STD or suspect you may have been exposed, please visit the Choctaw County Health Department. No appointment is needed for free screening and testing for STDs.
Address: 103 S 4th - Hugo, OK 74743
Phone: (580) 326-8821
Fax: (580) 326-8886
For more information on STDs, visit: http://cdc.gov/std/