Skip to main content


Find Testing/Exam information for Plumbing industry here.

The following courses are offered for licensed plumbers on a month by month basis. Please see the schedule and times to enroll. Find CEU information for the Plumbing industry here.

Find all the forms, documents, and applications related to the Plumbing industry here.

Bond and Insurance is required to activate your Contractor license, the following must be provided to the Construction Industries Board:

All Journeymen and Contractors are required to have received six (6) hours of continuing education within the preceding thirty-six (36) months of their license expiration. Visit the “Continuing Education" page for a list of approved CEU courses for the Plumbing industry.

Thirty (30) days after the first failure, and ninety (90) days after subsequent failure(s).

Send a written request to the contractor. Contact the CIB if the contractor fails to provide the information after written request.

You may use tax records or contact your social security office and request a “Work History Report” and submit a copy of those documents with your application.

Yes. In order for apprentice work experience to be counted towards licensing, it must be verifiable through apprentice registration, unless lawfully obtained while exempted.

Yes, the licensed contractor or approved school/training instructor has to sign the application for the apprentice every year.

No, the licensed contractor must, and the apprentice should, keep an account of the apprentice hours worked each year.

The application is available for download from this website by going to “Forms/Applications” and clicking on the specific form. Forms are also available at the CIB office, or a form can be mailed to you upon request. When a licensee or registrant has a change in address or phone number, notice to the CIB is required.

Last Modified on Apr 11, 2024
Back to Top