Skip to main content

Electrical Industry

Six (6) hours of Continuing Education is required every 36 months for renewal.

Find Testing/Exam information for Electrical industry here.

Six (6) hours of Continuing Education is required every 36 months for renewal. The following courses are offered for licensed electricians on a month by month basis. Also included is the schedule, provider, location and times to enroll. Find CEU information for the Electrical industry here.

Find all the forms, documents, and applications related to the Electrical industry here.

Bond and Insurance is required to activate your Contractor license, the following must be provided to the Construction Industries Board:

All active electrical contractors upon initial approval but prior to engaging in electrical work and upon renewal, shall provide proof of satisfactory workers' compensation coverage under the Workers' Compensation Act or an affidavit of exemption or self-insurance as authorized pursuant to the Workers' Compensation Act per OAC 158:40-5-3(f)(8).  All the requirements can be found in the CIB Administrative Rules found here in Rules/Laws.

All Journeymen and Contractors are required to have received six (6) hours of continuing education within the preceding thirty-six (36) months of their license expiration. Visit the “Continuing Education" page for a list of approved CEU courses for the Electrical industry.

Thirty (30) days after the first failure, and ninety (90) days after subsequent failure(s).

Send a written request to the contractor. Contact the CIB if the contractor fails to provide the information after written request.

You may use tax records or contact your social security office and request a “Work History Report” and submit a copy of those documents with your application.

No. A license is not required for performing solely telephone and CATV systems.

1. Your state must have a written reciprocity agreement with Oklahoma.

2. You must have a current license, in good standing for at least one (1) year with your state, and be current in your CEU requirements.

3. You must submit a complete application form, along with work history information and required fees. The “affidavit of experience” in the application form is not required as CIB will verify your hours with the reciprocating state.

We will respond to you by mail. Please do NOT call the office unless more than 30 days has passed from the date you sent in your application.

Yes. In order for apprentice work experience to be counted towards licensing, it must be verifiable through apprentice registration, unless lawfully obtained while exempted.  An apprentice registration is for a twelve-month period and, if continuing as an apprentice, a new application must be submitted by the end of the one-year registration for any further apprentice work to be verifiable.

Yes, the licensed contractor or approved school/training instructor has to sign the application for the apprentice every year.

No, the licensed contractor must, and the apprentice should, keep an account of the apprentice hours worked each year.

The application is available for download from this website by going to “Forms/Applications” and clicking on the specific form. Forms are also available at the CIB office, or a form can be mailed to you upon request. When a licensee or registrant has a change in address or phone number, notice to the CIB is required.

Last Modified on May 22, 2024
Back to Top