Skip to main content


Find Testing/Exam information for Mechanical industry here.

Complete six (6) hours of CEUs every 36 months. The following courses are offered for the mechanical industry on a month by month basis. Please see the current schedule and times to enroll. Find CEU information for the Mechanical industry here.

Find all the forms, documents, and applications related to the Mechanical industry here.

Bond and Insurance is required to activate your Contractor license, the following must be provided to the Construction Industries Board:

There is a new option for reduced licensing requirements involving the specialty of Fueled Hearth Product Work instead of obtaining a full HVAC license.  The information and application can be found at here

The CIB has begun providing information and education on this specialty work and will continue educating by providing additional information on it through the first year.  The CIB understands the need for an education period that can take up to a year especially in consideration of the effects of COVID-19 on potential licensees.  The CIB encourages everyone to begin as soon as possible knowing that this will be a process working with those potentially affected by this specialty work to receive the needed information, education, and opportunity to become licensed. 

Click here to view the Fueled Hearth Product Work Flyer for more information.

Currently, the performance of air duct cleaning does not require a state license in Oklahoma. For statutes and rules on Mechanical licensure, please see 59 O.S. §1850.1, et seq. and OAC 158:50.

All Journeymen and Contractors are required to have received six (6) hours of continuing education within the preceding thirty-six (36) months of their license expiration. Visit the “Continuing Education" page for a list of approved CEU courses for the Mechanical industry.

Thirty (30) days after the first failure, and ninety (90) days after subsequent failure(s).

Send a written request to the contractor. Contact the CIB if the contractor fails to provide the information after written request.

You may use tax records or contact your social security office and request a “Work History Report” and submit a copy of those documents with your application.

A Mechanical HVAC or a Plumbing license is allowed to install in residential homes only. Installation in a commercial building requires a Mechanical HVAC license, and if more than 500,000 Btu/h per appliance then the Mechanical HVAC license must be an Unlimited license.

Yes. In order for apprentice work experience to be counted towards licensing, it must be verifiable through apprentice registration, unless lawfully obtained while exempted.

Yes, the licensed contractor or approved school/training instructor has to sign the application for the apprentice every year.

No, the licensed contractor must, and the apprentice should, keep an account of the apprentice hours worked each year.

The application is available for download from this website by going to “Forms/Applications” and clicking on the specific form. Forms are also available at the CIB office, or a form can be mailed to you upon request. When a licensee or registrant has a change in address or phone number, notice to the CIB is required.

Last Modified on Mar 28, 2024
Back to Top