Skip to main content

Commercial Driver License (CDL)

If you plan to operate certain specialized types of vehicles such as buses, heavy oversized vehicles, or vehicles that carry multiple passengers, Oklahoma requires a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) . 

: Special endorsements may be required for certain vehicles or cargo.

CDL Services

First-Time CDL

Learn More

CDL Renewals and Replacements

CDL Renewals and Replacements

Update a DOT Medical Card or Upgrade Your Class

Update or Upgrade a CDL

Endorsements & Restrictions

Endorsements & Restrictions

Transfer an Out-of-State CDL

Transfer a CDL

TSA Background Check for HAZMAT Endorsement

Get a HAZMAT Endorsement

Size & Weight Permits

Size & Weight Permits

Are You REAL ID Ready?

Beginning May 7, 2025, a REAL ID compliant Driver License or ID Card,  or a valid federal identification document (i.e. U.S. Passport) will be required for you to fly within the U.S. or visit a federal facility.

Frequently Asked Questions

Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT) regulations require that all entry-level drivers of commercial motor vehicles (CMVs) receive training from a provider listed on FMCSA’s Training Provider Registry. Learn more on ELDT’s website.  

The vision and written tests are administered together at the same appointment. There is no need to schedule a separate vision appointment.

You are required to hold a Medical Examiner Certificate (DOT Medical Card) if you operate, and have self-certified as, Non-Exempted Interstate commerce (NI). If you are not sure what your self-certification status is, you can learn more about them here.  

Study the CDL Driver Manual. The manual covers information for the general knowledge test, relevant to all CDL applicants. It also contains specific information on the classes and endorsements tests that are separate from the general knowledge test and require additional study as guide-lined in the manual.