Americans with Disabilities Act Statement
Service Oklahoma does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities. It is the policy of Service Oklahoma to ensure that communications with participants and members of the public with disabilities are as effective as communications with others.
General Counsel Jennifer Tupps has been designated Service Oklahoma’s ADA Coordinator to coordinate compliance with the non-discrimination requirements contained in section 35.107 of the Department of Justice Regulations.
Service Oklahoma will furnish appropriate auxiliary aids and services where necessary to afford an individual with a disability an equal opportunity to participate in, and enjoy the benefits of, any program, service, or activity conducted by Service Oklahoma. In determining what type of auxiliary aid or service is necessary, Service Oklahoma will give primary consideration to the requests of the individual with disabilities.
Information regarding accessibility of specific facilities, events, programs or services may be found by calling the specific facility, or department providing said service, activity or program. If you do not know which department is responsible for providing the program or service that requires the use of auxiliary aids and services to ensure effective communication or you request additional information, please contact Jennifer Tupps at (405) 521-6521 or TDD 711.
Service Oklahoma has adopted this grievance procedure for prompt and equitable resolution of complaints alleging any action prohibited by the U.S. Department of Justice regulations implementing Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Title II states, in part, “no otherwise qualified disabled individual shall, solely by reason of such disability, be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination” in programs or activities sponsored by a public entity.
Complaints should be addressed to:
Jennifer Tupps, General Counsel/ADA Coordinator, Legal Division,
P.O. Box 11415
Oklahoma City, OK 73136,
Phone: (405) 521-6521, TDD: 711, as the person designated to coordinate ADA compliance efforts for Title II issues.
- A complaint shall be filed in writing, contain the name and address of the person filing, and briefly describe the alleged violation of the regulations. Alternative means of filing complaints, such as personal interviews or a tape recording of the complaint, will be made available for persons with a disability upon request.
- A complaint shall be filed within 30 days after the complainant becomes aware of the alleged violation.
- An investigation, as may be appropriate shall follow a filing of a complaint. The investigation shall be conducted by or at the direction of the ADA Coordinator. These rules contemplate informal but thorough investigations, affording all interested persons and their representatives, if any, an opportunity to submit evidence relevant to a complaint.
- A written determination as to the validity of the complaint and a complete description of the resolution, if any, shall be issued by the ADA Coordinator and a copy forwarded to the complainant by no later than 60 days after its filing, unless it is determined by the ADA Coordinator that additional time is needed to complete the investigation.
- The ADA Coordinator shall maintain the files and records of Service Oklahoma relating to the complaints filed and the disposition of each for at least three years or until litigation is terminated.
- The right of a person to a prompt and equitable resolution of the complaint filed hereunder shall not be impaired by the person’s pursuit of other remedies such as filing of an ADA complaint with the responsible federal department or agency. Use of this grievance procedure is not a prerequisite to the pursuit of other remedies.
- These rules shall be construed to protect the substantive rights of interested persons, to meet the appropriate due process standards, and to assure that Service Oklahoma complies with the ADA and implementing regulations.