Skip to main content

Driver License

Out-of-State Transfers

If you are a new resident to Oklahoma, you will need to apply for an Oklahoma Driver License.


You can transfer your Driver License from another state without having to take a written or drive test if your driving record meets the standards set by Service Oklahoma and either one of the following is true:

Your license is valid and you are not changing vehicle type(s)

Your license is expired (but not for more than 6 months)

Note: you cannot transfer an expired commercial driver license or permit.

How to Start

Bring the following to your visit:

  • Primary ID (Other than your Driver License) - Find the list of acceptable primary identification documents here.
  • Proof of Oklahoma Residency - Find the list of acceptable proof of residency documents here.
  • Out-of-State License
  • Social Security number - Physical card is not required.
  • Name Change Document (if applicable) - If the last name to be
    entered on the Oklahoma License is different from the name on the Primary ID, the applicant must bring in a document showing a legal name change.

Getting a REAL ID?

You will need 2 proofs of Oklahoma residency to transfer a Driver License and make it REAL ID Compliant. For more information, visit the REAL ID page.

Visit a Service Oklahoma Licensing Office



4-year license option

Renewal: $42.50

8-year license option

Renewal: $81.00

Please be aware that not all Service Oklahoma Licensing Office locations accept cash payments.

Frequently Asked Questions