Child Guidance - For Child Guidance Services please refer to Rogers County Health Department in Claremore, OK
- Services are provided primarily to children (birth - 12 years of age) and their families.
- Speech/Language Screenings, Evaluations & Therapy
- Brief Individual, Family & Group Counseling & Testing
- Consultation & Referral
- Psychological Assessment, Screenings & Evaluations
- Hearing Screenings & Evaluations
- Auditory Processing Screenings
- PCIT* (Parent-Child Interaction Therapy)
*PCIT is an evidenced-based treatment model with specific, step-by-step coached sessions that include both the parent/caregiver and the child. The program was developed primarily for children who are exhibiting behavior problems that may be considered beyond normal for their developmental age. These children are often described as defiant, uncontrollable, overactive, attention seeking, impulsive, etc. The goals of treatment are to:
- Improve the quality of the parent-child relationship;
- Decrease child behavior problems and increase social skills;
- Increase confidence in parenting skills, including positive discipline; and
- Decrease parenting stress.