Women, Infants, Children
Families And WIC Working Together For Healthy Children
Who is eligible for WIC?
- Women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or who have recently given birth. (This also includes women who have had an abortion or miscarriage.)
- Any child, birth to five years of age.
Who may apply for WIC services?
- Parent, caretaker, guardian or proxy
- Two-parent families, single-mother or single-father families, grandparents (with custody) and foster parents.
What do I do to qualify for WIC benefits?
- Live in the State of Oklahoma
- Have a family income within the program limits
- You may be eligible for WIC if you are eligible for Medicaid, Food Stamps, or AFDC benefits.
What does WIC provide?
- Free information on nutrition, healthy eating and breastfeeding.
- Nutritious foods to add to your diet.
- WIC foods include: WIC foods include: Milk, Formula, Juice, Cheese, Cereal, Beans and Eggs (You may also be able to get Tuna, Carrots, and Peanut butter)
- eWIC food benefits makes the process easier to manage
Breastfeeding is best!
Breast milk is the best food for babies. Breastfeeding gives babies the best start in life. The WIC program encourages women to breastfeed.
Breastfeeding mothers receive additional foods. If you are breastfeeding only, you will receive canned tuna, fresh or frozen carrots and peanut butter in addition to your other WIC foods.
Breastfeeding also builds a special closeness between you and your baby that will last a lifetime.
WIC services are available Monday - Thursday by appointment only.
Logan County Health Department
215 Fairgrounds Rd, Ste A
Guthrie, OK 73044
Phone: (405) 282-3485