This section is designed to provide you with reliable information and resources to help you make decisions about vaccines.
The Canadian County Health Department and the Oklahoma State Department of Health work to stop diseases before they start by promoting vaccination of all Oklahomans by:
- Providing vaccines
- Operating the Vaccines for Children Program in Oklahoma
- Operating and maintaining the Oklahoma State Immunization Information System (OSIIS)
- Providing immunization information to the public and healthcare professionals.
- Supporting schools and childcare facilities in enforcement of the immunization laws
Do you know about 1 in 4 Americans have HPV, a virus that can cause cancer?
Today, we have two safe, effective vaccines that can prevent cancer-causing HPV.
HPV vaccine is cancer prevention! Vaccinate kids at 11-12 years.
Learn more here: HPV Vaccines: Vaccinating Your Pre-Teen or Teen (CDC Website)
Questioning Whether To Get Your Child the HPV Vaccine? Read This (Shot of Prevention Website)
Learn about the life-saving power of vaccines:
- Protect Your Child, Immunize on Time Every Time E-Book from Every Child by Two Website
- Answers to Your Questions about Vaccines (Vaccinate Your Baby Website)
- Why Vaccinate? - Watch the videos at PKIDS Online (Parents of Kids with Infectious Diseases Website).
- Vaccine Information You Need (Immunization Action Coalition Website)
For more information contact the:
Canadian County Health Department
100 S Rock Island
El Reno, OK 73099
1023 E Vandament
Yukon, OK 73099