The Video component lets you place a predefined, OOTB (out-of-the-box) video element on your page.
How it Works
After placing an instance of the component on your page you can configure video - video asset and upload or drop your video asset.
Size - The video's native size (width x height in pixels) will appear in the boxes next to Size (see above). Manually enter width and height dimensions here if you wish to override the video's native dimensions. Click OK to dismiss the dialog
Formats supported include:
- FLV (Flash video)
How to Use
Configure video profiles
- You may want to define video profiles to use for HTML5 elements. Those chosen here are used in order. To access, use Design Mode (Classic UI only) and select the Profiles tab
- You can also configure the design of the video components and parameters for Playback, Flash, and Advanced.
- The Video Component relies on the third-party open-source product FFmpeg for proper transcoding of videos that can be downloaded from https://ffmpeg.org/. After you install FFmpeg, you must configure AEM to use a specific audio codec and specific runtime options.
- To install FFmpeg for your platform
- On Windows
- Download the compiled binary as ffmpeg.zip
- Unzip to a folder, Set the system environment variable PATH to <*your-ffmpeg-locatio*n>\bin
- Restart AEM.
- On Mac OS X
- Install Xcode ( https://developer.apple.com/technologies/tools/xcode.html )
- Install XQuartz/X11.
- Install MacPorts ( https://www.macports.org/ )
- In the console run the following command and follow the instructions:
sudo port install ffmpeg
FFmpeg must be in PATH so AEM can pick it up via command line.
- Using the precompiled version for OS X 10.6:
- Download the precompiled version.
- Extract it to the /usr/local directory.
- From terminal, execute:
sudo ln -s /usr/local/Cellar/ffmpeg/0.6/bin/ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg
- On Windows
To configure AEM :
- Open CRXDE Lite in your web browser. ( http://localhost:4502/crx/de )
- Select the /libs/settings/dam/video/format_aac/jcr:content
- To customize the configuration, create an overlay in /apps/settings/ node and move the same structure under /conf/global/settings/ node. It cannot be edited in /libs node. For example, to overlay path /libs/settings/dam/video/fullhd-bp , create it at /conf/global/settings/dam/video/fullhd-bp
- If you changed either of the properties, click Save All