Skip to main content

Modified Driver License

A Modified Driver License is issued during the mandatory period of revocation or suspension to allow restricted driving privileges under specific terms and circumstances when it is determined that the person who has been denied driving privileges has no other adequate means of transportation.

If you have received an arrest for DUI on or after November 1, 2022, IDAP completion is now required before a suspended license can be reinstated.

Visit the Board of Tests (BOT) for more information.


Modifications may be permitted for drivers with the following violations, but are not guaranteed (exceptions apply):

Any DUI arrest prior to Nov 1, 2022

  • Interlock Device required to be installed in vehicle
  • $175.00 modification fee
  • $25.00 replacement license fee to add an interlock restriction

Driving while impaired

  • Reinstatement fees required at end of modification period
  • Less than 0.08 blood alcohol content (BAC)

First offense drug suspension

  • Reinstatement fees required at end of modification period

Points suspension

  • $50.00 reinstatement fee required at end of modification period

First offence suspension for eluding a police officer

  • Reinstatement fees required at end of modification period

Modification will only authorize the driving of Class D motor vehicles, not those in Class A, B, or C.

For all cases, Service Oklahoma assures all modifications will be consistent with public safety standards by looking at the driving record of the person requesting the modification. If the person’s driving record presents a concern for public safety, Service Oklahoma may additionally limit the driving times, driving locations, or purposes for which driving is authorized under the modification, and may place additional restrictions on the authorized driving.

Learn How to Receive a Modified Driver License


To apply for a modification relating to any of the violations listed above, you will need to:

Visit a Service Oklahoma Licensing Office

Many Service Oklahoma Licensing Office locations provide walk-in services and appointments.