Visit the Archives
The Oklahoma State Archives welcomes all researchers to utilize the primary and secondary source material in its collections. Research may be conducted Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding State Holidays. We encourage you to schedule an appointment or contact Archives Staff before your visit so that we may retrieve the requested research materials prior to your arrival.
Researchers must abide by the following policies:
No materials can leave the premises under any circumstances.
- No food or beverages are allowed around materials.
- We discourage the use of pens and prohibit the use of markers. We can provide you with pencils and paper for taking notes.
- Researchers have access to Wi-Fi and may bring their personal laptops to use during their visit.
- Personal cell phones, cameras, and scanners are allowed to copy materials. If you prefer to purchase photocopies, please refer to the Duplication section.
- There is a public access computer and scanner located in the Archives. If you wish to scan items, an archivist will show you how to operate the scanner and properly handle materials for scanning. You will need to bring your own flash drive or other external hard drive to save the images.
- Materials must lie flat on the table and be separate from note paper and other personal belongings. Please do not rest objects or take notes on top of any archival materials.
- As you research, we ask that you only have one folder out at a time. Please retain page order within the folders, and please retain folder order within the boxes.
- If you have questions or concerns about any part of the physical organization of materials, please alert an archivist.
Photocopying is completed by Archives Staff only. Copies are $0.25 cents/page. The State Archives reserves the right to refuse photocopy or scanning requests if the materials are extremely fragile or may be damaged by the duplication process.
If you are planning to cite a record, we suggest the following citation format:
[Identification of Item], [Box #], [Folder #], [Record Group #], [Record Group Name], Oklahoma State Archives, Oklahoma Department of Libraries, Oklahoma City, OK.