ODL provides access to many books, audiobooks, videos, and other materials to patrons through their local public libraries. Patrons can borrow a resource that is rare or unavailable at their local library. Patrons need a library card at their local public library. To obtain materials, search the WorldCat catalog below, find what you are looking for, then inquire with your local library about checking it out through interlibrary loan. You can also request it online with your library account.
Choose your preferred format by selecting one of the icons above the search bar. Enter a subject, title, or author and click the search icon to find it in WorldCat Discovery. Try Advanced Search to drill down your search even further.
Search for books, audiobooks, videos, ebooks, articles, government documents, and open access materials. If you find it on WorldCat, you can request it from your local public library and borrow it through interlibrary loan.
Your search results will be presented in this order:
- Resources owned by Oklahoma Department of Libraries;
- Resources available through our interlibrary loan partners, if your library belongs to a group;
- Resources owned by all other WorldCat libraries globally.
Results within each of these groups are ordered by relevance. Note that global WorldCat results may include many resources not owned by Oklahoma Department of Libraries or interlibrary loan partners. Once you find a book or resource you would like to borrow. Please ask your local public library for information about borrowing the materials through interlibrary loan.
Returning users – Log on to your ILL Account
Library staff? Want to know how to sign up your library?
- Training involves your computer connected to the internet and a telephone near it.
All libraries must agree to the following:
1. Books are borrowed from other libraries and institutions to meet your customers’ needs for information not owned by your library. It is a requirement of the state aid rules that you offer this service to your customer.
2. The borrowing library is responsible for borrowed material from the time it leaves the supplying library until it has been returned to and received by the supplying library.
3. Borrowing libraries are responsible for return postage and lost material fees to the supplying library.
4. Books that have been lost or damaged shall be replaced or compensated for in accordance with the preference of the supplying library. Read entire code (PDF).
If you would like to speak with someone during our regular business hours, call David Hankey at 405-522-3473.
- Choose your preferred format by selecting one of the icons above the search bar.
- Enter subject, title, or author and click the search icon to find it in WorldCat Discovery.
- You can narrow your search with the options on the side.
- Once you found the item you are looking for, click on the title of the item.
- Click Request Item.
- Logon to ILLiad. Form should be filled with item details.
- Submit request.
You will receive an email telling you when the item is ready. Please give your item two weeks before its expected arrival. The arrival and overdue notifications are automatically generated so please do not respond to email notifications.
Note: We do not borrow textbooks, chapters from textbooks or genealogy. Please try not to request items released in the current year. Most institutions have a policy in place to only loan current year items to their immediate patrons. Only request items from the previous calendar year so that we can fill your requests.
Want to know more? Ask ODL.