A safe workplace is a productive one. No matter the size or type of the business, safety practices and procedures impact the safety, health and well-being of all employees and are a necessity to decrease work related injuries. Safety measures can prevent unsafe working conditions or processes, resulting in fewer accidents and injuries to workers and fewer costs to employers.
In Oklahoma every year about many workers lose time from work due to job related injuries or illness. The average cost to employers can be very costly.
Latest Safety Notices
Work Place Injury Awareness
Workplace injuries or illnesses can cause:
- Loss of life,
- Loss of income and financial well-being,
- Stress on relationships,
- Health-care costs beyond what is covered by insurance.
- Wages for work not performed
- Increased workers' compensation insurance costs
- Damage to equipment or machinery
- Hiring and/or training new employees
- Decline in product quality and worker morale
- Decline in worker morale
- High turnover and lost work time