Priority Formula for Water/Wastewater Grants
Applications will be ranked based on the following formula.
T = WR + I +APCI + C + BP + PG + S + LP, where:
- T = Total of priority points (72 points possible)
- WR = Water and sewer rate structure (Maximum 13 points)
- I = Indebtedness per connection (Maximum 10 points)
- APCI = Adjusted Per Capita Income (Maximum 24 points)
- C = Consent Order (5 additional points if project addresses an active Consent Order)
- BP = Project benefit to other systems (5 additional points)
- PG = Previous OWRB ARPA grant assistance (8 points deducted)
- S = Sustainability (Maximum 10 points)
- LP = Proposals submitted to the Legislative ARPA Committees (5 additional points)
All applications will be initially evaluated to determine if the entity and/or proposed project meets the eligibility for funding under the program as discussed above. Each project will be separated by population (or taps for districts) and ranked against other eligible applicants in those categories. Once ranked, the Priority List will be made available to all applicants and posted to this webpage. The top ranked projects will proceed to the Board for approval based on Readiness to Proceed until all the available funding has been obligated.
Each entity selected for funding under this program must meet the deadlines outlined below. If an applicant fails to submit a complete application and all supporting documents by the deadline, they will be ineligible for funding under this program. In addition, applicants must demonstrate that a proposed project can meet the deadlines listed below to receive funding. Once approved for funding, any selected entity that fails to meet the deadline listed below may be required to return all unused funds. Unused or returned funds may be reallocated to additional eligible projects.
- Application Period Opens: October 1, 2022
- Application Deadline: November 30, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
- Construction Completion Deadline: December 31, 2026
- All funds must be expended by this date.