The Oklahoma Water Resources Board is the only state agency solely dedicated to the tasks of managing, protecting, and improving the water resources of Oklahoma to ensure safe, clean, healthy and reliable water supplies, a strong economy, and a healthy environment.
The OWRB allocates water, provides financing for water and wastewater projects, monitors water quantity and quality, manages the state's well driller and pump installer licensing program, coordinates the state's floodplain management and dam safety programs, and provides comprehensive planning for the state's water future.
The OWRB provides a variety of water resources career opportunities, employing hydrologists, geologists, biologists, meteorologists, environmental specialists, engineers, financial analysts, administrative and clerical professionals, writers, and attorneys.
As a state agency, the OWRB pledges to provide equal opportunities for both prospective and existing employees. We do not discriminate in regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability.
The Oklahoma state employee benefits package includes the following:
- 11 paid holidays per year; 15 days of paid sick leave per year
- A minimum of 15 days paid annual leave per year (increases with years of service)
- Longevity pay based on years of service
- A retirement plan based on employee and employer contributions; optional deferred compensation plan
- Employee health, life, dental, and disability insurance; optional dependent health, life, and dental insurance
- More information
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.